Things happened which I'd never say they would. Good and bad ones.
- I started having more professional work as a photographer and videographer
- My painting was given to the President of the Republic of Slovenia as a gift
- I've written and directed a short experimental film inspired by Frida Kahlo's self portrait with cropped hair. The film was then screened at the Digital Big Screen festival in Trbovlje, Slovenia and at International Early Birld student film festival in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The film is not yet online because I am still sending it to the festivals but will keep you updated when it will. :)
- I volunteered as a coordinator of photographers/video team at International Film Festival Kino Otok in Izola and met some amazing people and realised that I really want to work in the film field.
-And now I will go personal. About personal, I discovered that some people are afraid of what can be labeled as personal. Recently I had a lecture at my university where we had to present our works. And it was funny how some people said for some of my works that they are really personal, and they praised more my other works which could seem more "universal" or "detached".
But I don't want to make detached art. I am not inspired by detached art. Every art that contains personal is what is life-changing. Because it came from an experience. And from experience you can draw something, from experience you can write, you can make films.
And those works are screaming of awe, because the contain something that is infinite. It's the human experience, the search for it, the search for moments that contain no time and place that make this illusion we are living less painful.
-I learned things are not forever. Relationships are not forever. We are constantly changing and reshaping and stretching ourselves. We are constantly growing. This is a beautiful period, period of growth, but it is so full of pain.
-Is love a hoax, I am asking to myself? Are relationships as we know them just a product of capitalism and should we look for the alternatives? What is this male and female energy and how can we balance it without hurting each other? How rare are men who are not afraid of female power? Because the more I am reading and researching about what it means to be a woman, the more I am aware that we do possess some kind of mysterious power which was held back for so long.
- It's important to be aware of the power that is in each one of us. It's the kind of force that only we have and we know what we can do with it. There is no one who should say to you what are you capable to do and what not. Only you know. And then go for it.
- key words for 2017: self-love, self-acceptance, fight, courage, truth.